A Safe and Fun Treat!
- Package Size: SINGLE or 2 PACK
- Promotes dental health
- Natural treat made from the Actinidia polygama plant
- Aids in the prevention of diabetes
- Helps stabilize blood pressure
- Great for dental health!
- Matatabi sticks for cats are growing in popularity. Largely because Matatabi has a similar effect on cats as catnip, but it is even more potent and affects a higher percentage of the cat population.
- Most cat owners have tried using catnip. We all like to see cats rolling around in euphoria. Cats love catnip, however only about 50% of cats react to catnip But there's also 50% that seems to pay no attention to catnip at all, great if you just want to give your cat a different awesome treat.
- Matatabi is a plant that grows in the mountainous areas of Japan and has the scientific name Actinidia polygama. Matatabi has two ingredients that get cats excited; actinidine and dihydroactinidiolide. The leaves are also used to make tea for humans.
- A study published in the BioMed Central Veterinary Research (source) comparing the effects of Matatabi, Tatarian honeysuckle, valerian, and catnip on 100 domestic cats. Almost 80% of the cats responded to Matatabi. This was the largest reaction to any of the stimulants used, showing that Matatabi has some serious power.
- Around 50% of cats are stimulated by catnip, and most of those are not as excited by catnip as they are by Matatabi.
- Cat’s aren’t about having a toothbrush in their mouths, but they still need to eat certain types of foods to keep their teeth strong and healthy. Matatabi sticks not only allure cats to play and chew, but they also give a cat’s teeth a good clean at the same time.
- They have a rough texture like a bark which is good at removing plaque and other bits of dirt. Most cats salivate too which chewing on the vine which is also good for their teeth.
Brush n Play